This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|Speedway racing took place across
at least 5 different venues in Hull beginning in 1930. At that initial meeting, held at
White City Stadium on the Anlaby Road, a crowd in excess of 7000 greeted the new venture,
which was to prove to be successful for E.Johnson. Racing at this venue was short-lived
and it was to be 1948 when the next series of meetings took place at Hedon Stadium.
Further venues included The Boulevard Stadium, first meeting on 7th April 1971; and Craven Park Stadium with the first meeting on 5th April 1995, a venue shared with greyhound racing.
|The team won the Knockout Cup in 1976, 2001 and 2004, and were League Champions also in 2004.|
|Greyhound racing first took place on the oval circuit at Craven Park, Hull, in 1934. The post prestigious races to be held at the meeting are the Jack Lawlor trophy and the Charles Key Memorial trophy.|
|At various times the team have been known as the Angels and the Vikings. See the range of badges for further details.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to undertake further research we can recommend
a visit to
and for those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
by Roger Hulbert ISBN-10: 0752432001
|To view a complete collection of badges choose the relevant link below:|
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection