This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|The Ringwood team operated from 3 venues. They began racing in 1937 at Matchams Park on the Hurn Road where they operated as an Open team.|
|They continued at a second track at Matchams Park in 1951, holding their first match at the new venue on 5th May 1951. Some 2 weeks later, on the 19th May, they held their third meeting and a programme for that event is shown below. They were an Open race team from 1951-53 but then joined the Southern Area League for the 1954-55 season.|
|Racing ceased for some time at Ringwood, but returned to Matchams Park in 1988, with the first meeting taking place on 23rd June 1988.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
They were nicknamed 'The Turfs'.
|More detailed information is available
from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection