This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|Speedway racing has taken place at a number of venues in Dublin. It has been held at two different stadiums in the Santry area of the city. In the late 1940's racing took place at Santry Sports Stadium near Whitehall. The first recorded meeting took place on 30th May 1948 when Ireland competed against England. The Irish gained a notable victory by 40-33.|
|They operated as an Open team from 1948 to 1950 and then became a Training track in 1951.|
|By 1968 speedway racing returned to Santry and, more particularly, to the J.F.Kennedy Stadium. The first meeting was held on 28th April 1968.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
The team were nicknamed 'The Saints' during their time at Santry.
|More detailed information is available
from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection