This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|Brafield Sports Stadium was situated in Brafield near the town of Northampton and witnessed its first speedway in 1949. Although plans had been afoot for some time, the first recorded meeting took place on 10th September 1949.|
|The Stadium was used as a training ground for a good proportion of its history, initially in 1951.|
|By 1953 the team took part in Open racing and
did have a stint in the Southern Area League from 1954 to 55. The team did suffer from
poor support although they had 3 separate bouts of racing in the early 50's, mid 50's and
|Track lengths for the team have varied between 335 yards in the 60's up to 430 yards in the mid-50's.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
Throughout their history the team has been known as the Fling Foxes and the Badgers.
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinners excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection