This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|Speedway racing is known to have taken place in at least 3 separate venues across Liverpool starting in 1928. That first meeting was at the Stanley Stadium in the Fairfield area of the City. It was staged on 25th August of that year. This was a successful period in the teams history, moving through the structure of British Leagues and National Leagues.|
|The final speedway meeting in the area took place on 2nd September 1960.|
|Greyhound racing was staged in Seaforth in 1933
with the first meeting going ahead on 25th February of that year. Greyhound racing was to
continue at the track for a further 32 years.
|At various times in their history the team have been known as the Chads, the Eagles, the Pirates and not surprisingly the Merseysiders.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
|To view a complete collection of badges choose the relevant link below:|
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection