This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|Early records show that speedway
racing may have taken place at Newtongrange in Midlothian as early as 1928.
What is assured is that racing did take place at the Victoria Park Stadium in the early 1950's and again in the 70's.
|The team took part in Open races from 1950 with the first recorded meeting taking place on 27th August of that year.|
|The momentum of that first couple of years
could not be sustained and the track was used for training purposes in 1952.
|By 1970 the desire to hold speedway in the area was once again ignited. An Open race meeting was staged on 27th May of that year when the team defeated rivals Berwick 39-37. Further Open race seasons followed but the final meeting was held 27th June 1973 culminating in a final defeat at the hands of Barrow.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
At various times in their history the team were known as the Saints (as shown on the badges displayed), the Monarchs and the Rockets.
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection